I Scream (continued)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 6 15:38:56 UTC 1999

     Greetings from Zurich, where I have a funny keyboard yet again and must
waste valuable time to find the "at" symbol!  Why do they hide these things??
     Two further items were found in the Millennium Issue-The American
Century in Food, BON APPETIT, September 1999:

Pg. 193:  I-Scream-Bar, first ice cream bar on a stick and the forerunner to
Eskimo Pie (1919).

Pg. 145 (THE TIME LINE,  THE AMERICAN CENTURY IN FOOD)
     1901 _Another star is born:_  At New York's Polo Grounds, caterer Harry
Stevens is the first to sell frankfurters inside heated buns; they won't be
called hot dogs until 1906, when cartoonist Thomas "Tad" Dorgan draws a
dachshund inside a bun for _The New York Journal_ newspaper. .