Freshman Fifteen

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Sep 12 18:20:45 UTC 1999

FRESHMAN FIFTEEN

    CNN's _Your Health_ did a piece about students going to college for the
first time.  Many acquire the "freshman fifteen"--added pounds.  I recall
something like this in my college days, but not the exact term.  I don't have
the RHHDAS handy.

    The Olympic library and museum in Lusanne was a horror show today.  The
librarian was new, and could't help me concerning the origin of the "crouch
start."  There was a special exhibit of Chinese games, and it called a game
from 600 B.C. "chessmen" and "chessboard"--citations we don't have until
about 600 A.D.
    One of the members of my group ran into a plate glass window and lost...