Newest ADS Member + Other Personal News

Jesse T Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Sep 15 14:43:27 UTC 1999

Jesse Sheidlower and Elizabeth Bogner take great pleasure in
announcing the birth of Maisie Frances Sheidlower, born at
7 lb., 5 oz. and 19 3/4" at 6:42 A.M. on Tuesday, September 14.
Mother, daughter, and father are all doing fine.

Also, I wanted to let people know that I am leaving my position
at Random House to join the Oxford English Dictionary as
Principal Editor of its newly formed North American Editorial
Unit. I will be spending a little time off to get Maisie
settled and then going to Oxford for a few months and should
be set up in Old Saybrook, the current headquarters of the
Oxford U.S. Dictionaries program, by January or February.
This e-mail address will remain good. Anyone with thoughts or
suggestions for the coverage of Americanisms in the future
OED is encouraged to get in touch.

Jesse Sheidlower
<jester at panix.com>