HTML

Alice Faber faber at POP.HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Tue Apr 4 17:59:20 UTC 2000

Beverly Flanigan wrote:
>Again, I just sent a reply to the list which asked for plain, styled, or
>plain & styled HTML.  A student of mine told me to hit the third option,
>but I'm still wondering if everybody can read it when I do that.  Problems?

I must have this version of Eudora configured differently than the
one at home and the one at the lab. I just found an unread HTML
message from you in my Trash folder, along with one from Rima.

Unless you're actually using non-ASCII formatting (putting a word in
italics or in red type or something), all choosing HTML does is add
extra characters to your post (in the HTML tags) that humans can't
read and cause some mailreaders to skip the message. If you hadn't
asked, I wouldn't even have looked in my Trash folder before emptying
it.

Alice Faber                    new, improved email: faber at pop.haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories            old email, if you must: faber at haskins.yale.edu
New Haven, CT 06511 USA           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258; fax (203) 865-8963