Ya-ya

Paul McFedries lists at MCFEDRIES.COM
Thu Apr 6 16:19:28 UTC 2000

Can someone tell me the definition of "ya-ya" as used in the Rolling Stones'
album title "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!"? Is it related to the sense used in the
book title "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood"? What about this
cite from the Washington Post:

     "I CAN ONLY hope that the Bermuda tourist office ignores the advice
     of David Segal. If there's anything Bermuda doesn't need, it's buzz.
     It is one of the few places around that hasn't been polluted by ya-ya
hipsters
     wanting to make it like every other vacation 'paradise.' "

Thanks.

Paul

Home: http://www.mcfedries.com/
Books: http://www.mcfedries.com/books/