"Health" Club; Don't pee on my leg

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 16 12:05:57 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Hiroshima!  My girlfriend is very beautiful!  I may never leave!
   Hiroshima is famous for the Hiroshima oyster.  I'll have more food tomorrow.

"HEALTH" CLUB

  Kyoto had lots of "health" clubs, or "fashion" clubs.  Not that I'd know, understand.  They appear to be something else.  The rates ($100 an hour) are outside the door.

DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."
--Judge Judy.

   I haven't seen Judge Judy's legs, so I wouldn't know.
   On my tour, a fellow traveler explained the difficulties he had with someone.  "Don't spit on my face and tell me it's raining," he said.
   He told me that this phrase goes back many years.
   Which phrase is recorded, and when?  What about the Yale Dictionary of Quotations?  Can't say I have my copy handy, though...