the PRESENT DECADE?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Apr 25 15:23:34 UTC 2000

At 10:54 PM -0700 4/24/00, Nancy Elliott wrote:
>Yes! I think of the 60's as going from 1964-74 (Beatles to fall of South
>Vietnam).
>
>Nancy Elliott

For me, it's Kennedy's assassination to Nixon's resignation.  But this is
an old tradition; I remember learning in (high school? college?) history
that the 19th century began with Napoleon's defeat and the restoration of
the French monarchy in 1815 (or so) and ended in 1914 with the
assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and the breaking out of the Great War.

larry