Hyphenation

Bob Fitzke fitzke at VOYAGER.NET
Thu Aug 10 16:01:13 UTC 2000

I think Barbara's fourth method ought to be dubbed "computerese". I see
it frequently in poorly edited newspapers. The writers compose on
computers. To save space, they just break the word at whatever place
they're at when they run out of space at the end of a line. A corollary
is the computer-composed piece that doesn't break words. The result is a
large blank space at the end of a line because they next word is too
large for the space available.

Bob