Wired?

Fri Aug 11 16:17:25 UTC 2000

As you guess, it's wiring as in internal circuitry. It seems that wiring
usually refers to the brain and/or nervous system.

Check out these citations (search for wired):

http://nuitari.serv.net/geek/essays/obsessions.html
http://www.northheartland.org/1999/051699m.htm
http://www.e-democracy.org/mn-politics-archive/9711/2618.html

I don't have time to check for definitive citations, but these were found
from AltaVista by searching for "how we're wired" (using the quotation
marks).

Benjamin Barrett
gogaku at ix.netcom.com
  -----Original Message-----
  Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 8:25 AM

  A pastor said of Bill Clinton, "Thank You, God, that You wired him up the
way You did."

  What, pray tell, does that mean? I'm guessing it's supposed to mean "made"
but I can find no other evidence of wired = made, constructed.

  Kathleen E. Miller
  Research Assistant to William Safire
  The New York Times