The ultimate go-ahead-and

Donald M. Lance LanceDM at MISSOURI.EDU
Tue Aug 22 21:27:59 UTC 2000

The "go ahead" portion might not be acquiescence of a subordinate but an indication that
the new request interrupts something else (s)he's been doing during a busy day.  It may be
directed to herself (her, since the tone of the discussion seems to have been gendered in
this direction) rather than to the boss.
DMLance