what's the word

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Mon Dec 4 15:40:54 UTC 2000

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, James Smith wrote:

> In the movie "Educating Rita", starring Michael Caine,
> two students mention the situation where words appear
> they should rhyme but don't.  I have never gotten
> around to renting the video to hear again the word
> they use to name this condition.  Do any of you know
> what that word is?

Searching in google on "Educating Rita" and "rhyme" I get some sites that
talk about this. It would appear at one point they're actually talking
about assonance, which she calls 'getting the rhyme wrong"

--- Steve K.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list