Xmas bread

Mon Dec 4 19:57:46 UTC 2000

You're right on non-braided Julekake/kage (I can't recall whether my mixed
Norwegian/Swedish family in Minnesota voiced it or not).  For us, this was
full of raisins, citron (ugh), and maybe nuts, and I think it was usually
round and white (with a glazed top).  The braided form sounds like Lucia
bread, which would be Swedish, but I suspect braiding was done across all
the groups. Yummy!