th-dropping

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Dec 6 16:26:22 UTC 2000

J.L. Speranza, whose question on this topic I forwarded here, writes:

Thanks btw for forwarding my query to ADS, but I don't think they will be
able to send posts to EDIE, so if they reply on ADS-L, do let us know. I
know our Andrea V is subscribed there, and I happen to know a lexicologist
who also subscribes there. You may point that we agreed with Mark
(Newbrook)
to consider cases like "bless'em" all as distinct, i.e. as OE relic, rather
than initial th-dropping...