PMDD; MFD, Big Iron, Computer Buzzwords

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 6 18:26:10 UTC 2000

PMDD

   The VILLAGE VOICE, 12 December 2000, pg. 75, has a story "Sarafem Nation."  Col. 2:

   Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, or PMDD, is a fresh-minted mental illness that purportedly affects 3 to 10 percent of all menstruating women.

MFD, BIG IRON, COMPUTER BUZZWORDS

   I don't know if OED wants this "M," but from NEW YORK METRO COMPUTERUSER, December 2000, pg. 64, col. 2, is "multifunction devices (MFDs)."
   Also, on page 45, col. 1, "Are Mainframes Really Back?", the writer uses the nickname "Big Iron."
   "Computer Busswords We'd Like to See" on pages 68-69 is a column by Lincoln Spector (www.thelinkinspector.com).  Included in the silly assembly are "bells and anvils," "More and More Law," "megabugs," and "ludditeware."