bricks and mortar

Fri Dec 8 20:47:09 UTC 2000

There was a discussion on "bricks and mortar" a while
back.  I don't know if this occurance in Chapter 14 of
Dickens' Our Mutual Friend (1865), was mentioned:

[Mrs. Boffin] "Yet when a new Institution's
going to be built, it seems to me that the bricks and
mortar ain't made of half so much consequence as the
Patrons and Patronesses; no, nor yet the objects."

=====
SLC, UT                        |it is that we will be sued