Chinese water torture

Philip E. Cleary pcleary at WANS.NET
Sat Dec 9 06:21:23 UTC 2000

<the Chinese home run (a cheap homer, one which just barely makes it into the stands--I recall Dusty Rhodes's game-winner in Game 1 of the 1954 world series as being so labelled), the Chinese basket (one that makes it through the hoop from the underside, and that consequently--unlike the Chinese homer--doesn't count if it's detected),   >

When I was a kid, a "Chinese home run" was a foul pop-up that went into the stands or out of the park behind home plate, i.e. a backwards homer, something like the "Chinese basket," which is a new one to me.

Phil Cleary