supper or dinner, what do you call that meal?

Sallie Lemons Sallie.Lemons at MSDW.COM
Mon Dec 11 19:20:05 UTC 2000

My midwestern relatives changed the meal routine on Sundays. The big meal during
the week was dinner, which was served at night; lunch was served noontime. On
Sunday, the big meal was noon-ish (after church) and "supper" was a light meal
served that night. Of course, this could easily be just my family.