FWD: OED Online Quarterly Update Annc.

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu Dec 14 14:35:39 UTC 2000

----- Forwarded message from OEDonline <oedonline at oup.co.uk> -----

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:50:13 GMT
From: OEDonline <oedonline at oup.co.uk>
To: jester at panix.com
Subject: OED Online Quarterly Update - Announcement

Dear Jesse Sheidlower

We are pleased to announce that the latest quarterly update to OED Online is now available.  The update consists of over 1000 new and revised entries in the range marciaton to massymore.

Have a look at the new material, and see how you can
...spend markka on marmalade and marrows at the market
...masquerade as a marmoset during Mardi Gras
...get married in a massive marquee
...take a marsupial mascot to the marina

See also the new improved OED Online home page, redesigned in response to feedback from subscribers:

* In order to make it clearer to users how to enter the Dictionary, the 'Sign In' button has been replaced with the more explicit 'Enter OED Online' button
* New buttons for 'Subscriber services' and 'Help' have been added
* The sections 'Guide to the OED' and 'About the OED project' have been merged into a single section, called 'About the OED'

We have added a Quick Reference Guide to using OED Online, accessible from the Welcome page or the Help text, which we hope will be of particular use to those new to using the online Dictionary.  This is available as a downloadable PDF file.

The December issue of OED News is also now available on the site at http://oed.com/public/news/0012.htm, and as a downloadable PDF file.

Finally, can you help?   We would be most grateful for assistance with checking quotations cited from Dr. Johnson's Dictionary.  Please see our Appeal at http://oed.com/public/readers/johnson.htm for further details.

If you have any queries about OED Online, please don't hesitate to contact support at oed.com.

Regards,

Susanna Lob
Sales and Marketing Manager - Oxford English Dictionary Online

----- End forwarded message -----