Speaking of puns (the remarkable German language)

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 15 18:02:30 UTC 2000

<< Er wollte sagen: Nur auf Deutsch kann *ich* das tun.
D.h.: He meant to say, "German is the only language in which *I* can do
that." >>

I don't think so. I knew enough German to distinguish between "ich" and
"man." And it went along with some other endearing German characteristics,
like the stout middle-aged Berlin housewives with their umbrellas battling
their way onto the bus. Don't get me wrong, Americans have endearing
characteristics too. - Allan Metcalf