Rensselaer; Fat Pizza & Wicked Chocolate

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 19 00:47:37 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Sydney, Australia!  This is my sixth continent of ADS-L
postings.

RENSSELAER

   I went to RPI in Troy, NY.  I checked out the humor magazines in the 1950s
and 1960s for "nerd."  Every one.  RPI didn't coin "nerd."  On my trip to
Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria, I traveled with a slightly older RPI grad.  She
swore that RPI coined "nerd."  You can't win.
  "Murphy's Law" at RPI in 1954?  Again, I didn't see it in the 1950s or the
1960s.
  "Show me the cite" and I'll believe it.  Otherwise, I just don't.  It's not
backed up with what I've checked.

FAT PIZZA & WICKED CHOCOLATE

  "Wicked Chocolate" is a brand of chocolate milk here.  I've also seen
"wicked" beers and lemonade.  (Don't serve anything "wicked" for
Christmas--Santa won't like it.)
  From the SYDNEY STAR OBSERVER, 14 December 2000, pg. 5, col. 1:

  ...performed in "Fat Pizza" outfits.  They are also developing a new "gay"
pizza, which they told the crowd was just like a supreme, only better.

G'Day.