Uptalk again

Sallie Lemons Sallie.Lemons at MSDW.COM
Tue Feb 1 19:57:19 UTC 2000

My father's family is from the Springfield, MO area right in the middle of the
Ozarks and I don't recall anyone using uptalk. I spent summers there and while
one could argue there's a Southern twang moseying around the accent, some of my
cousins speak with a decided flat, broad speech that bears little resemblance to
anything Southern.

Sallie