replying to non-subscribers

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Feb 2 21:32:41 UTC 2000

I cc-ed my reply on Southern US implosives to the questioner (Richard Strand
<strand at sedona.net>), per Allan Metcalf's original post:

Date:    Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:24:04 EST
From:    AAllan at AOL.COM
Subject: Southern implosives?

I'm out of my league on this one from an Indo-Europeanist who also was my
college roommate. If you have an answer, please reply directly to him as well
as posting it to our list. - Allan Metcalf
<<<

I seem to have been the only subscriber to do so, as he replied:

Thanks for your reply. Not being a subscriber to the ADS list, I haven't
seen any other discussion.  Can you enlighten me as to who "Herb" is and
what he has said?  A forwarded message from him would do, if you have one.
<<<

I have collected the replies from the subsequent digests and passed them on to
him. But we all should try to be attentive, and to remember that not everyone
who asks a question reads the list.

   Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist and Manager of Acoustic Data
         Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Dragon Systems, Inc.
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com