proof of age

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Fri Feb 4 07:54:07 UTC 2000

>> For some reason this discussion reminds me of an anecdote from long ago:
>> Sign on window of establishment where liquor was served: "You must have
>> proof of age.  Remembering where you were when you heard that Kennedy
>> was assassinated is *not* proof of age."
>
>What if you
>        A.  remember where you were when you heard FDR had died AND
>        B.  remember comparing reactions to FDR's death in office
>            with JFK's death in office?

Apologies for going off topic - but I think it interesting that my husband,
a forensic psychologist, when getting a person's history, will ask about
memories of either JFK's assasination or FDR's death - depending on the age
of the patient.  Fortunately or not, younger patients do not have that sort
of defining moment to call up.

Rima