proof of age

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Feb 5 14:31:08 UTC 2000

That's mine, too, Andrea.  Much more so than the Challenger, although I
remember at the time of the explosion, a good friend of mine--about six
years younger (20-21)--called and was very upset about the catastrophe.  I
was touched, as well, but not on the same level as this young woman.  Age
must really be a contributing factor in how these events register with us.
It was only around six years earlier when Lennon was shot.  I remember the
day after, just driving around Chapel Hill with the radio on, a local
station playing "Imagine."