"product" as non-manufactured

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Wed Feb 9 12:31:54 UTC 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: "product" as non-manufactured

>I am aware that the original question in this thread has not been
>answered.  I don't have time to think about what kind of search would
>capture the sense of the word "product" that is being sought, but if
>someone would care to tell me the major specific phrases of two or three
>words incorporating "product" in this sense, I would be willing to search
>databases to find early usage.

While 'product' AND 'bank' might be too vague, maybe a search with proper
bank names, 'citibank', 'dime bank', and perhaps 'broker', and brokerage
house names, 'morgan stanley', 'DLJ' or 'donaldson, lufkin, and jenrette',
and 'financial'. Try also 'products' AND 'instruments'.

If these don't help, I'm not sure what else to try, but you're welcome to
send me results and we can try winnowing and modifying from there...

bkd