Dr. Detroit "cracker", "dot-commandos"

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Thu Feb 10 19:03:51 UTC 2000

Last night I happened to catch a bit of the movie Dr. Detroit.  Dan Aykroyd
plays a lawyer.  In the scene I saw, he dressed up as a (stereotypical)Southern
gentleman, in a Colonel Sanders type white 3-piece suit with matching white
broad-brimmed hat.  He spoke with a Southern accent, and based his case on
Southern family honor.  The judge was sympatheic because he too was from the
South.  When it was clear that Aykroyd was not a Southerner, the judge cried
"Arrest this man for impersonating a cracker!"

Then on the news, Leslie Griffith of the KTVU 10 O'Clock News referred to the
hackers who are breaking into popular Web sites as "dot-commandos".

Andrea
--
Andrea Vine, avine at eng.sun.com, iPlanet i18n architect
A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanging--it is the skin of a