"product" as non-manufactured--related business jargon

Robert Kelly kelly at BARD.EDU
Mon Feb 14 15:13:19 UTC 2000

wouldn't you rather make up a word like temporalize, or bring-up-to-date,
rather than co-opt temporize, which yesterday meant stall-for-time, still
a useful word.

And (to defend the reverend), why can Keats get away with calling this
world a vale of soulmaking, but the minister can't grow souls?  I think if
there is such a thing as a soul, growing is a very comely and proper
activity for it.
RK