Wuss (again)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 18 08:23:11 UTC 2000

    I asked the Saturday Night Live board if anyone remembered John Belushi
saying "wuss."  A response on 2-13-99 from John Coan, jcoan at alumni.duke.edu:
"We used 'wuss' and 'wussy' in 1971 in college."  Is it a Duke thing?
    Maybe I'll do a dirty magazine roundup on Saturday.  Meanwhile, more from
ESQUIRE magazine:

February 1960, pg. 71:  The Establishment: The institution that runs Great
Britain.
May 1960, pg. 10, col. 3:  Antidisestablishmentarianism.
March 1960, pg. 120, col. 2:  To be sure, he (director Stanley Kramer--ed.)
likes the power itself well enough; whoever you are, it is hard not to enjoy
having people say _How high?_ every time you say _Jump_; he does and they do.