Anti-swearing law

Tue Feb 22 15:29:55 UTC 2000

--- Anne Gilbert <avgilbert at PRODIGY.NET> wrote:
> [...]

Hmmm... laws against language that is considered to be
sexual harassment, hateful, or racist (just three
examples) don't appear to pass constitutional muster
either, but they're on the books and enforced.

If the Michigan offender had stood on the shore and
yelled racial, sexist or homophobic slurs, would
everyone just have laughed and considered it a
non-event?

JIM