picayune

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Feb 25 18:10:14 UTC 2000

I've wondered about this, too, Beverly.  I was familiar with "picayune" from
reading from about middle school on, but I didn't actually start using it
until I heard Harry Morgan as Col. Potter on M*A*S*H use.  That was when I
was in high school.  Until that time, I'd always used picky.  When I heard
the character on the tv show use it, I inferred that it must be the more
formal form of picky.  Hmm.