belated WOTY

Miller, Jerry MILLERJ at FRANKLINCOLL.EDU
Thu Jan 6 22:21:31 UTC 2000

        >Scary! No, it's like being in the delivery room, or watching the
moon rise, or being
        >kissed for the first time. The birth and propagation of a neologism
is to be
        >enjoyed.
        >[Okay, right. A little too much exaggeration.]

        Grant: I know you're right, but it is hard to feel enjoyment when
you hear, for example, John Madden take the already bastardized (from
adjective to noun) "audible" and twist it into a verb -- "He is audiblizing
at the line of scrimmage." That feels more like a kick in the ass than a
first kiss.

        Jerry Miller