"on accident"

Leslie Barratt lesliebarratt at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 16 03:29:37 UTC 2000

I have read the 'on accident' messages with interest
since I have been studying this for the past several
years with my linguistics classes at ISU and have been
planning to get it written up for the next ADS annual
meeting.  In short, I have found a correlation between
usage and acceptance of 'on accident' with age in
several regions of the country.  I won't give all the
details here, but it is clearly taking over.  I'll try
to get it written up quickly.

Leslie Barratt
Indiana State University