Media Words

davemarc davemarc at PANIX.COM
Thu Jan 20 18:57:06 UTC 2000

This month I've started hearing the term "The Internet Century" quite
a bit--especially during the jargon-filled press conference on the
AOL-Time-Warner deal (a.k.a. as "The Big Deal") .   Another word used there
was "coopetition" or some other hybrid of "cooperation" and "competition."
And I've repeatedly heard America Online called American Online (as if it
were a fusion of an Internet company and an airline).

And speaking of new media/old media, how many of your dictionaries include
the word "lenticular"?  That's a term applied to those ridged plastic
animated or 3-D images.

Back to lurkerdom,

d.