The Devil's Dictionary and repetition

Thu Jan 20 21:21:21 UTC 2000

The article first appeared in the collection _Every Man His Way_ (1968) and
is reprinted in Dundes' _Interpreting Folklore_ (Bloomington: IUP,
1980).  Seven and other magical numbers are discussed in another article in
_Every Man His Way_, the one whose title and author I can't think of.  (But
I may even have the wrong book in mind; witness my confusing McNeill and
Miller!)