Lenticular (was Re: Media Words)

James Smith jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 20 22:30:27 UTC 2000

Thanks for the URLs!  Now that I see what we're
talking about, I think these "lenticulars" fall
clearly in the second definition of lenticular as
found in my Webster's New Collegiate: "provided with
or utilizing lenticules", lenticules being minute
lenses, corrugations or grooves that are used on
films, screens or other surfaces to refract or focus


--- davemarc <davemarc at PANIX.COM> wrote:
> > From: James Smith <jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM>
> >
> > As to the images, I don't know exactly what you're
> > talking about, but I am assuming lenticular here
> > refers to a surface finish composed of lenticules
> > rather than to a lens-like shape.
> >
> Well, I'd encourage you to look it up in a
> dictionary, but a definition
> seems to be somewhat elusive!
> To see virtual examples of lenticulars, take a look
> at the gallery at
> http://www.lenticulardevelopment.com/
> At http://store.yahoo.com/baseball-motion-cards/ you
> can find the phrase
> "lenticular imaging."  More virtual examples can be
> found at
> d.
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.

More information about the Ads-l mailing list