Regional term: shopping buggy

Carolyn Sturgeon jane515 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 26 00:31:22 UTC 2000

As I mentioned before, I am a transplant in WV.  My entire experience of 25
years in WV is in Charleston (Kanawha County) which is the state capital.
It is considered a truism that Charleston and Huntington resemble no other
parts of WV.
I teach at an open admission 4 year college in town.  Since many of my
students are natives and often from Boone and Lincoln counties in the
southern part of the states, in our coalfields, I can poll them tomorrow for
a broader and more accurate view of some West Virginians' use of the term...

Carolyn Sturgeon