I'm looking for a booklet

Dennis R. Preston preston at PILOT.MSU.EDU
Wed Jan 26 21:43:52 UTC 2000

Uh, surely you mean "bubbler" for the standard (i.e., Louisville) form
"drinking fountain," not the dialectal "water fountain."


>And what is the range of the word "bubbler" for "water fountain"?
>My kids (in Eastern Massachusetts) use it, though I never did growing up in
>Albany, NY.
>Yet I hear that it's used in the mid-west too.  Maybe a youthful upstart all
>Joe Pickett
>Executive Editor
>Houghton Mifflin Company

Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages
Michigan State University
East Lansing MI 48824-1027 USA
preston at pilot.msu.edu
Office: (517)353-0740
Fax: (517)432-2736

More information about the Ads-l mailing list