performance/preformance

Joe Pickett Joe_Pickett at HMCO.COM
Mon Jan 31 21:14:54 UTC 2000

My guess is that wuss began showing up in the early 70s, since I first heard it
used in Ann Arbor in 1976.

But Barry will probably find cites from the 1920s.

Joe Pickett

Lynne Murphy <lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK> on 01/31/2000 11:35:31 AM

Please respond to American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>