dot-com wanes; eny, meny, miny, mo

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Thu Jul 6 18:48:57 UTC 2000

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo
Catch a tiger by its/the toe
If he hollers make him pay
Fifty dollars every day

My mother told me to pick this one cause I was naugh-ty
(My mother told me to pick the o-ther one when I was naugh-ty)
(also "mo-ther")

This was used in choosing "it" for games.  Like "potatoes" - incidentally, if
you've ever seen the movie "Assault on Precinct 13", there was a bit of comic
relief (actually a lot, depending on how you look at it) when a person had to be
chosen to make a break for it.  I don't remember the exact line, but it was
decided to use the "potatoes" method, at which point the men broke into:

One potato, two potato,
Three potato, four
Kiss my -ss and
Spit on the floor