dot-com wanes; eny, meny, miny, mo

Lyons, Jennifer M jlyons at NETMARKETGROUP.COM
Fri Jul 7 14:15:11 UTC 2000

I grew up saying
"Eeny, meeny, miny, mo,
 catch a tiger by the toe,
 if he hollers, let him go,
 eeny, meeny, miny, mo"

I wondered what kind of sense the song was supposed to make, but I didn't
hear the "offensive version" until I was 18 or 19 and my fiance explained to
me that what I knew was the sanitized version.

I also learned a song that used this as the chorus; anyone else know this? I
don't remember most of the words:
"I woke up Monday morning,
 [forget]
 The skeeters and the bedbugs were playin a game of ball.
 The score was six to nothing, the skeeters were ahead
 The bedbugs hit a home run, and knocked me out of bed.
 Singing, eeny meeny and a-miny mo
 singing catch a tiger-tiger by his toe
 and if he hollers-hollers-hollers let him go
 singing, eeny meeny and a-miny mo."

There are more verses than that, but I forget almost all of them.

Jen