air rage

Kim & Rima McKinzey rkm at SLIP.NET
Mon Jul 10 04:09:42 UTC 2000

>I'm not sure that the parallel is valid--the "rage" of "road rage"
>was pretty much based on anger and frustration

I think they're absolutely parallel.  The rages of road or air are
both inappropriate and violent lashing out due to
anger/frustration/annoyance at not getting/going/doing
what/where/when one wants.  Alcohol isn't necessarily involved, but
could be in both instances.  I think if the airlines weren't so
crowded, rude, late, difficult, etc., the instances of rage would be
minimal.

Rima