Date of Texas Secession

Joseph McCollum prez234 at JUNO.COM
Tue Jul 11 06:30:38 UTC 2000

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:39:40 -0500 Elizabeth Gregory
<AGCOM.egregory at TAEXGW.TAMU.EDU> writes:

>Juneteenth (June 19, 1865) marks the day the Emancipation Proclamation
>(issued by Abraham Lincoln on  January 1, 1863) was read in Galveston.
>
>Elizabeth Gregory
>native Alabamian, naturalized Texan

Was that before or after the final surrender?

Does anyone remember this one?:

My mother and your mother were out washing clothes
My mother punched your mother right in the nose.
What color was the blood?
(Child names a color, such as blue)
B-L-U-E spells blue and you are the one to be it.
-- Pennsylvania, late '60's and early '70's.