White Bikes; Summit Fatigue; Club Sandwich

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 11 00:03:43 UTC 2000

WHITE BIKES

   Currently on AOL News, from Reuters, is "White Bikes," a proposal for
Amsterdam transportation.  Cheap bikes (painted white) are placed in certain
areas, and anyone can use them.

SUMMIT FATIGUE

   Someone mentioned "summit fatigue," as in, "Not another Arab-Israeli
summit again!"

CLUB SANDWICH; WALDORF SALAD (continued)

   The "Supper" menu (NYPL Menu Collection) from The Waldorf, 9 April 1896,
has:
Club (sandwiches)
Waldorf (salads)
   I haven't checked 1895 yet.

DETROIT (personal)

"To Chicago.  Or Detroit, I don't know.  We play so many shows in a row."
--Jackson Browne

   I'll be in Detroit this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  I leave Wednesday
night and return Sunday morning.
   Heck, Pittsburgh and Chicago worked out.  Anyone care to guess what I'll
find?