City Dweller Names

Donald M. Lance LanceDM at MISSOURI.EDU
Wed Jul 19 03:44:58 UTC 2000

Citizens of Callaway County, Missouri, are Callowegians.  The county seat of the "Kingdom
of Callaway" is Fulton, where Winston Churchill gave his Iron Curtain speech.  There was
sufficient disagreement about which way Callowegians leaned in the early 1860s that a
proposal was made to establish the Kingdom of Callaway and have nothing to do with either
side.

DMLance