New thread--a curious thing

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Wed Jul 19 15:16:59 UTC 2000

Sharyn Hay (storkrn <storkrn at EMAIL.MSN.COM>) writes:

Am I the only one with "yipes stripes" rolling around in my mind when I read
this? I never heard "yipes" until some cartoon came up with that combo, or
it may refer to Tony the Tiger. Yikes was my Connecticut 50's version.
<<<<<

(Hand up.) It was Stripe toothpaste. I, too, have fifties TV commercials
fermenting in the depths of my brain banks.

Question for the (other) pedants: How would you prefer to write and
punctuate "fifties" in the preceding sentence?

-- Mark