Hair cutting places

J. Katherine Rossner ookpik at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Jul 19 23:57:23 UTC 2000

At 05:43 PM 7/19/00 -0600, Anna Fellegy wrote:
>(Incidentally, how about those "haircutting-place" names, eh? For
>instance: "Sail on into
>Linda's Hair Port," "Hair-itage," and (my personal favorite) "Language of
>Hair"--perhaps
>unemployed linguists could take up work in "hair as a second language.")

When I lived in Philadelphia (early 1980s), one hair salon was "Julius
Scissors", whose windows promised several things including "Existential
Hair Sculpture".

A favorite in Berkeley (CA) is Alexander Pope Haircutters--supposedly the
owner wanted to call it "Rape of the Lock" but was not permitted to do so.

Katherine

--
Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho