ganked

Jessie Emerson jessie at SIRSI.COM
Thu Jul 27 21:54:26 UTC 2000

A friend of mine sent me a reference to "ganked" (spelling is guessed),
pronounced /gengkt/ to rhyme with "spanked".  Do any of you know the origin,
or have you heard it before?

" I was on a flight from Philadelphia, landing in Huntsville [Alabama]. A
couple of  Generation X-men were playing video games (I think) using laptop
computers  on their trays. When the flight attendant told them they needed
to put them
 away for landing, the one directly behind me, apparently having difficulty
manipulating the tray in front of him, exclaimed in frustration, 'Man, this
 tray is totally ganked!'"

Thanks,
Jessie Emerson