quote (was: the vital importance of grammar in everyday life)

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Thu Jun 8 16:22:29 UTC 2000

"J. Katherine Rossner" <ookpik at MINDSPRING.COM> writes:

Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho
That hadden pris, now wonder nyce and straunge
Us thinketh hem, and yit they spake hem so.
        - Chaucer, "Troilus and Criseyde"
<<<<<

Great! I'm adding that to my treasury of sigs!

-- Dr. Whom: Consulting Linguist, Grammarian, Orthoepist,
   and Philological Busybody
   a.k.a. Mark A. Mandel