Fred Cassidy

Joan Houston Hall jdhall at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed Jun 14 16:35:47 UTC 2000

Dear Bob,
I'm sorry--I thought I had told you that he did receive a lovely hibiscus
from you and Jane.  I can't tell you for certain how aware he was of
anything--sometimes I feel sure he recognized my voice, but he could
neither see nor speak.

Whoever took your message for the card that came with the plant was of a
different generation (or something!)--the message came through as "Hangin'
there, mentor mine."  Oh, well.

A memorial service is planned for Sunday.  We're hangin' in.

Joan