Fred Cassidy

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Wed Jun 14 22:35:07 UTC 2000

I've got a wonderful picture I took of Fred Cassidy standing on top
of a large boulder somewhere around Bangor, Wales, in '87.  I remember
being impressed with his energy as he scrambled up its side.  I guess
it was that same energy that kept him going, both physically and
mentally, for another thirteen years.

And suddenly I'm reminded of Michael Miller.  No doubt on the morning
of the day I took that picture of Fred Cassidy on the rock, Michael
and I, the early risers in the group, enjoyed good conversations
while drinking our coffee and tea in the tiny room at the end of the
hall in the dorm we all stayed in.  I feel fortunate to have known
Fred Cassidy and Michael Miller, two great human beings.

   --Natalie Maynor (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)